Office 365 (Outlook 2010) - Schedule a meeting with other people
A meeting is an appointment that includes other people and can include resources such as conference rooms. Responses to your meeting requests appear in your Inbox.
- In Calendar, on the Home tab, in the New group, click New Meeting.
To create a new meeting request, press CTRL+SHIFT+Q.
- In the Subject box, type a description.
- In the Location box, type a description or location. If you use a Microsoft Exchange account, click Rooms to choose from available rooms.
- In the Start time and End time lists, click the start and end time for the meeting. If you select the All day event check box, the event shows as a full 24-hour event, lasting from midnight to midnight.
Note If you want to schedule meetings based on an alternate time zone, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Time Zones.
- In the meeting request body, type any information that you want to share with the recipients. You can also attach files.
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Scheduling Assistant.
The Scheduling Assistant helps you find the best time for your meeting.
- Click Add Others, and then click Add from Address Book.
- In the Select Attendees and Resources dialog box, in the Search box, enter the name of a person or resource to include at the meeting. If you are searching with the More Columns option, click Go.
- Click the name from the results list, then click Required, Optional, or Resources, and then click OK.
Required and Optional attendees appear in the To box on the Meeting tab, and Resources appear in the Location box.
The free/busy grid shows the availability of attendees. A green vertical line represents the start of the meeting. A red vertical line represents the end of the meeting.
The Room Finder pane contains suggested times for the best time for your meeting (when most attendees are available). To select a meeting time, click a time suggestion in the Room Finder pane in the Suggested times section, or pick a time on the free/busy grid.
Note If the Room Finder pane doesnâ€™t appear, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Room Finder.
- To set up a recurring meeting, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence. Choose the options for the recurrence pattern you want, and then click OK.
When you add a recurrence pattern to a meeting request, the Meeting tab changes to Recurring Meeting.
- To change the advance time of the meeting reminder, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Reminder, and then click the time you want. Click None to turn off the reminder.
- The organizer can also set the reminder time for recipients by changing the reminder time on the meeting invitation. If the organizer does not change the default reminder time on the invitation, the recipients will each use their own default reminders.