AM - ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report
This procedure will take you through the process of generating ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report. The purpose of the report is to view and validate employees who are eligible for ALRA. In addition, you have a report of those employees that elected ALRA and how many hours were elected. This column is viewable after entry is done and processed.
The report contains all active employees that are eligible to bank Vacation to ALRA for this year. The report also indicates how much the employee has elected and it can be run multiple times: once for eligibility, and again for who has made an election.
If an employee has more than one employee record, all records will appear on the report. However, the amount of ALRA that the person is eligible to bank is not prorated between the records. For example: An employee with an ALRA counter of 140 has Empl Record 0 and Empl Record 1. The column ‘Max Avail ALRA Elig for Employee’ will show 40 hours for each record. In this case the employee is eligible to bank a total of 40 hours; the hours can be distributed between the two records as the employee elects.
The annual ALRA eligibility and election information will also included on the employees’ July Unclassified Leave Report.
- Run Control ID: Existing or New
- Report Request Parameters:
- Calendar Group ID: The Calendar Group ID is used to specify the time frame for the report. The Calendar Group ID would generate a report only for particular pay period. If you do not know the Calendar Group ID, you can search for it by clicking the “” icon. SEE NOTE BELOW.
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Additional Excel Output: If you additionally want the report to be generated in an excel format, select the check-box for the same.
- Calendar Group ID: It is recommended the report be run as of 7M calendar Group ID for the current year to get the Max Avail ALRA Elig. If it is run for the ALRA Elected, it can be run after the entry is done. Likely that would be 8M or 9M of the current year.
- Dept ID: You can either run the report for Department or Empl ID, but not both simultaneously.
- Empl ID: you can either run the report for Empl ID or Department, but not both simultaneously.
- Type of outputs available: Email, File, Printer, or Web
- Formats available for output: CSV, HP, HTM, LP, OTHER, PDF, PS, or SPF
- Fields on PDF report include: Report ID, Run Control ID, Page No., Run Date, Run Time, Report Department, Report Cal Run ID, Report EmplID, Business Unit, Department ID, Empl ID, Empl Rcd, Name, Job Code Description, FTE, Current ALRA Counter, ALRA Counter (As of Prior FY End), Maximum Available ALRA Eligibility, ALRA Elected.
- Fields on Excel Output include: Report Cal Run ID, Business Unit, Department ID, Empl ID, Empl Rcd, Name, Job Code Description, FTE, Current ALRA Counter, ALRA Counter (As of Prior FY End), Maximum Available ALRA Eligibility, ALRA Elected.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:1. Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports >ALRA Eligibility/Election Rpt
2. If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
3. If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
4. Enter parameters from above for the ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
5. On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
6. Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
7. On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" link when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted".
You may need to click the yellow refresh button until the process successfully posted.
8. On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
9. Locate the File List and find the PDF and excel file to view the ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report.
10. The following is a Blank sample of the PDF version of "ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report" for reference.
11. The report generated can be saved on a local computer or it can also be retrieved from HRS at a later time.