WiscWeb CMS - Inserting A Link To An Existing CMS Page
This document will explain how to insert a link to an existing page within your CMS site or project. Please note, this is the recommended way to link to pages that exist within your CMS project or site. Do not use "Internet" or external links for this purpose.
While editing text within the Text Editor of a Text Area content block, highlight the text that you want to make a link for the external web page, and click the Insert or Edit Link button in the top menu bar.
- By default, the Page tab will be active. This is the tab that will be used to create a link to your existing, internal CMS page.
- To insert a link to an existing CMS page, click Select.
- Enter a value in the Headline field and click the Start button. Remember, the Headline value identifies a CMS content item internally. Using easily identifiable Headlines makes searching easier for them.
- A list will appear with matches to your search criteria. Search through the list to find the page that you would like to link to, and click on the linked page name to choose it.
- The Jump mark: field specifies that this URL will jump to a specific anchored point in the web page being linked to.
- The Tooltip field allows you to enter text that you'd like to appear when the mouse cursor hovers on the link. For example, enter Our Contact Page.
- The Target field allows you to specify where to open the linked document. For example, _blank specifies that the link will open in a new browser window.
Once you have entered the information, click OK to return to the Text Editor.
- This is what your text will look like in the Text Editor.