InfoAccess - Password Reset
This document helps you reset your InfoAccess password if:
- You know your password and want to manually change it.
- You have forgotten your InfoAccess password.
When is the InfoAccess username and password required?
The InfoAccess username/password is used to validate authorization to query-specific data. There are two situations when a customer will need to provide their InfoAccess username/password:
- Before processing queries in the Query Library that use sensitive data views.
- Before running queries directly against data in the InfoAccess data base using Hyperion or another query tool such as MS Access.
In both cases a dialogue box titled "InfoAccess.oce" or "dwhp.oce" will appear requesting a username and password.
Resetting a Known Password
If you know your InfoAccess password, you can Change Your InfoAccess Password here.
Resetting a Forgotten Password
If you have a NetID, you can reset your InfoAccess password by navigating to https://apps.infoaccess.doit.wisc.edu/ida/home.asp and selecting Reset Your Account Password.
- Note: If you open the InfoAccess Data Authorization link and you are able to see only Request New Data Resources (i.e. you do not have access to List Current Assignments or Reset Your Account Password), this means you do not have an InfoAccess account. You may use the InfoAccess Data Authorization form to request data views. You will then be given an account as well in addition to the requested data views.
If you do not have a NetID, please contact the DoIT Help Desk and provide your 3-character logon ID. They will escalate a case to DoIT Security, who will assist in resetting your password.