OverviewThe Negative Allocated Balance Report identifies the employees who have negative vacation and legal holiday allocated balances and / or negative carryover balances. This report can be run ad hoc. It is a very long running report and is most useful if you limit the parameters.
Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > Negative Allocated Balance Rpt
If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Enter parameters for the Negative Allocated Balance Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
Report Request Parameters:
- As of Date: Enter the date as of which the report is to be run. Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon. Leave blank for all the departments.
- HR Status: Select this to run the report selectively for active or inactive HR status. Can select active or inactive status using the “” icon. Leave blank for both the statuses.
- Eligibility Group: Enter the eligibility group if you want to restrict the search to a particular eligibility group. Leave blank to run for all the eligibility groups. If you do not know the eligibility group, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Union Code: When running a department level report, add the union code if desired. If left blank, the report will retrieve the reports or all the union codes at the department. If you do not know the union code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Empl Class – The following are the different employee classes for which the report can be run. Any combination of the classes can be used to run the report. Check "ALL" to run for all the Empl classes.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Click the yellow Refresh button until it successfully posts. It may take a couple of minutes.
On Process Detail screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
Locate the File List and find the PDF and excel file to view the negative allocated balance report.
The following is a Blank sample of the PDF version of "Negative Allocated Balance Report" for reference.
The report generated can be saved on a local computer or it can also be retrieved from the HRS at a later time.