Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Look up someone's schedule
There are times when you need to know where someone is or if they are available to meet (out of the office). These instructions assume that you and the other person are using Office 365.
This procedure instructs you to set up a meeting invitation. However, you can then delete/cancel the invitation without sending it.
- On the Home tab, click New, and then click Meeting.
- In the To box, type the name or address of the person whose schedule you want to look up.
- If you have more than one account in Outlook, on the From menu, select the Exchange account for the organization that you want.
- In the Starts field of the meeting, enter the day for which you want to check the schedule.
- Click the Scheduling Assistant tab, which is located under the date and time text boxes.
A calendar appears that indicates the free/busy times for the person in the To box.
- To show all the hours in the day â€” not just the hours of your work day â€” clear the Show work hours only check box.
- To delete the event without sending it, close the meeting window.
Tip When you look up someone else's schedule, the information that you see reflects how they have set their free/busy (free/busy: A feature that allows users within an organization to see each others' availability when organizing events. When creating an event, after adding contacts to the Invite box, you can click the Scheduling button to see each person's availability. When creating events or editing events on your Microsoft Exchange calendar, you can click Status on the event's toolbar to set availability status during that event to be "Free," "Busy," "Tentative," or "Out of Office.") status for each event. If someone has marked a meeting status as "Free," you will not see that meeting on their calendar.