EAD Toolkit 5 - Professional Development
This document contains the professional development resources from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education, Equity and Diversity Committee's Toolkit.
- Establish a Unit Policy on Professional Development Samples from School of ED CASI - departmental professional development policy statements.
- The Office of Human
Resource Development (OHRD) A great starting point for professional
development opportunities on campus.
See also: My Professional Development Web Site
- SOE CASI Ambassador Program The School of Education's program to orient new academic staff.
- Equity and Diversity Resource Center (EDRC) Learning Communities Leadership Institute, SEED, Student SEED, SEEDED, Excellence through Diversity Institute.
- Office of Equity and Diversity Graduate Assistants Equity Workshops - Graduate Assistants Equity Workshops (offered since 1990).
- The McBurney Disablity Resource Center The McBurney Center's mission is to assist in creating an accessible university community where students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to fully participate in all aspects of the educational environment. McBurney staff partner with students, faculty, and staff to promote students' independence and to ensure recognition of their abilities, not disabilities.
Funding for Professional Development:
- Grants Net One-stop resource to find funds for training in the sciences and undergraduate science education; includes national and international, supported by HHMI and AAAS.
- Memorial Library's Grants Information Collection The Grants Information Collection is a collection of print and electronic materials that is open to the public and is a cooperating collection of the Foundation Center, an independent national service organization in New York that is the "nation's leading authority on philanthropy."
- Graduate School - Funding resources for new and continuing students
- Academic Staff Professional Development and Recognition Committee (PDRC) Lists various awards and grants available to Academic Staff
- School of Education CASI Ambassador Program for New Academic Staff Learn more about orientation offered to new Academic Staff arrive on campus in the School of Ed.