This document gives an overview of the UW-Madison Box service.
UW-Madison Box is a cloud-based file storage and collaboration service. In addition to uploading and editing a variety of file types, Box also allows campus users to:
- Add collaborators to folders via their campus accounts
- Sync Box with desktop folders for one-step editing
- Include Box file links in the place of email attachments for more efficient collaboration
- Link Box accounts to third-party apps and services for easy content management
- Track account activity via notification subscriptions
- View account content and activity on mobile devices from any location
UW-Madison Box accounts are now providing users with free unlimited storage.
UW-Madison Box is available to all UW-Madison faculty, staff, researchers, and students.
Box has an extensive support site where users can access technical documentation, including troubleshooting procedures and how-to's: http://support.box.com/
For a list of the Box web application supported browsers, see UW-Madison Box - Recommended Browsers and Operating Systems. Box Sync and add-on applications run on both Mac and Windows.
Box is available 24x7.
Users can create an account or access an existing account by logging into https://uwmadison.app.box.com/login with their NetID and password.