Office 365 (Outlook 2010) - Open another person's Calendar
When another Office 365 user grants you permission to his or her calendar, you can open it in Outlook. If you don't have permission, you can send the user a request to share their calendar with you.
- In Calendar, click Home tab.
- In the Manage Calendars group, click Open Calendar, and then click Open Shared Calendar.
- Type a name (or the email address of the account) in the Name box, or click Name... button to select a name from the Address Book.
Important: If you receive the error "The folder you selected is not available", use the following steps to open the calendar:
- Right-click on "My Calendars" within the calendar folder listing.
- Select Add Calendar | Open Shared Calendar...
- Type a name in the Name box, or click Name to select a name from the Global Address Book.
The shared Calendar appears next to any calendar that is already in the view.
After you access a shared Calendar for the first time, the Calendar is added to the Folder Pane (Folder Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that contains folders for each view, such as Mail or Calendar. Click a folder to show the items in the folder. Formerly the Navigation Pane in earlier releases.). The next time that you want to view the shared Calendar, you can click it in the Folder Pane.
If the other person whose Calendar you want to open hasn't granted you permission to view it, Outlook prompts you to ask the person for permission. If you click Yes, a sharing request email message opens automatically. The message requests the person to share his or her Calendar with you and also provides the option to share your default Calendar with him or her.
Tip You can quickly schedule a meeting with people whose calendars you can view. Select multiple calendars, and then click Home. In the New group, click New Meeting, and then click New Meeting with All.
- Even if the other person has created an additional calendar, you can open only the person's default Calendar.
- To remove a calendar from the Other Calendars list, right-click the calendar, and then click Delete Calendar.
- The owner of the calendar items controls who can see the items and change them.