AM - Banked Leave Annual Eligibility/Election Summary Report
This procedure will take you through the process of generating the Banked Leave Annual Eligibility/Election Summary Report.
The University Staff Annual Leave Conversion provides an opportunity to University Staff (classified) employees on the use of their unused annual leave (vacation). Based on eligibility, University Staff employees can bank annual leave, receive cash, or a combination of both.
**NEW IN 2015 -- Employees can now bank vacation carryover as well as current year vacation. Vacation Carryover will be deducted first.
Each year, after the October B or C bi-weekly payroll confirmation, an eligibility report is created by the UW Service Center and used to prepare the Annual Leave Conversion Option Form. It is also used to notify the employees who are eligible for conversion of their unused vacation hours.
- Annual leave earning rate of 160, 176, or 184 hours may elect to convert not more than 40 hours.
- Annual leave earning rate of 200 hours may elect to receive not more than 80 hours of which not more than 40 may be paid in cash.
- Annual leave earning rate of 216 hours may elect to receive not more than 120 hours of which not more than 40 may be paid in cash.
- Employees with less than the 160 hour rate may elect to receive not more than 40 hours if they have accumulated at least 520 hours of sick leave by the time the eligibility file is created. This is a permanent eligibility. Once it is met, you will retain this eligibility.
- Run Control ID: Existing or New
- Report Request Parameters
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Union Code: When running a department level report, add the union code if desired. If left blank, the report will retrieve the reports or all the union codes at the department. If you do not know the union code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Calendar Group ID: The Calendar Group ID is used to specify the time frame for the report. The Calendar Group ID would generate a report only for particular pay period. If you do not know the Calendar Group ID, you can search for it by clicking the “” icon. This Calendar Group ID should be between the timeframe of 11A - 13A each year. This is the Preferred Method.
- End Date: The End Date would generate a report as of the date selected. If you do not know the End Date, you can search for it by clicking the “” icon (The end date should coincide with the end of a bi-weekly Pay Period). Valid dates need to be between the 11A and 13A of the year.
- Additional Excel Output: If you additionally want the report to be generated in an excel format, select the check-box for the same.
- Leave Type: This option can be used to search selectively for a particular type of leave. This would filter out the results for all the other leave types from the final report. Search for the leaves by clicking on the “” icon under "PIN Number".
- Department / Union Code and EmplID searches are mutually exclusive, which means that you can either run the report for Department / Union code OR employee ID, but not both simultaneously.
- Calendar group ID and End date search options are mutually exclusive, which means that you can either run the report using calendar group ID OR end date, but not both simultaneously.
- End Date MUST coincide with the end of a bi-weekly pay period to create accurate data . Periods available are between pay period end dates of 11A - 13A.
- Type of outputs available: Email, File, Printer, or Web
- Formats available for output: CSV, HP, HTM, LP, OTHER, PDF, PS, or SPF
- Fields on PDF report include: Report ID, Run Control ID, Page No., Run Date, Run Time, Report EmplID, Report As Of, Empl ID, Empl Rcd, Name, FTE, Adjusted Continuous Service Date, Union Code, Maximum Available To Bank, Vacation Banked, Vacation Cashed, Remarks.
- Fields on Excel Output include: Report ID, Run Control ID, Run Time, Report EmplID, Report Pay Period End Date, Department, Empl ID, Empl Rcd, Employee Name, FTE, Adjusted Continuous Service Date, Union Code, Maximum Available To Bank, Vacation Banked, Vacation Cashed, Remarks.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports >Banked Leave Annual Eligibility/Election Summary Report
- If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
If you have created a Run Control ID:
3. Enter parameters for the Banked Leave Annual Eligibility/Election Summary Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
4. On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
5. Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
6. On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Click the yellow refresh button until it is successfully posted.
7. On Process Detail screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
8. Locate the File List and find the PDF and excel file to view the banked leave annual eligibility/election summary report.
9. The following is a Blank sample of the PDF version of "Banked Leave Annual Eligibility/Election Summary Report for reference.
10. The report generated can be saved on a local computer or it can also be retrieved from the HRS at a later time.
11.The report can be generated multiple times during the 12A - 13A pay period to validate who is eligible and who has elected. Employee must elect by 12/31/15. Coordinators must enter no later than the 1A payroll.
Related Policies and Forms:
NOTE: The Instructions and the Form for University Staff (Classified) Employee Annual Leave Conversion Options are only provided as sample templates. The latest version of the form will be available in the in the employee's portal and the instructions will be available in the coordinator's portal each year.