This document outlines the process to add/remove guest students and instructors to/from a single list or many lists at once.
There are several different types of members that a Classlist can have. Classlists have their instructors and students updated automatically, several times a day, based on data from UW-Madison's Curricular Hub. Guest members are added by instructors or anyone with admin privileges.
|Member Type||Source||Default Administration Setting|
|Instructor||Automatically updated via Curricular Hub||List Administrator|
|Student||Automatically updated via Curricular Hub||None|
|Guest Instructor||Added by member with admin privileges||List Administrator|
|Guest Student||Added by member with admin privileges||None|
Add Guest Members
- Log in to WiscList Admin and click Classlist.
- Click Add Guest Member. This link will not appear if you don't have admin access to a list.
- Enter the email address and name of the member you would like to add.
- Select the list(s) to which you would like to add the member. You may select more than one list by holding CTRL (Windows) or ⌘ (Mac) and clicking on the members you want to select.
- From the Subscription dropdown, select the desired setting.
- Receive Mail: Member will receive all messages sent to the Classlist.
- No Mail: Member will not receive any messages sent to the Classlist.
- From the Member Type dropdown, choose either "Guest Student" or "Guest Instructor". Guest Instructors (formerly Delegated Admins) will be created as list administrators by default.
- Click Create Member(s) to add the new member to the list(s).
Removing Guest Members
Note: Instructors and students populated automatically cannot be removed from a Classlist.
- Log in to WiscList Admin and click Classlists.
- Click on the desired Classlist.
- Click Manage Classlist Members.
- Click on the member you would like to remove.
- On the Edit Classlist Member screen, click Delete Member.
- When prompted, click DELETE MEMBER.