ECMS - Fixing the ImageNow desktop client "CLSID" error
This document explains how to fix the version 6.7 ImageNow desktop CLSID error.
If, after installing the new Perceptive Software ImageNow desktop client, you get this error:
"Unable to get clsid of controller"
there are two options for resolving the issue. Both options require Administrator access to the computer with the problem.
Re-run the installer as with Administrator privileges. To do this:
- Download the installer to your local computer harddrive.
- Locate the installer in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the installer and select Run as Administrator.
- Proceed with the installation.
- Click the Start menu.
- Click Run
- In the Run dialog box, type cmd and then click OK.
- In the cmd window use the cd command and navigate to the folder where ImageNow is installed, e.g., [drive:]\Program Files\ImageNow6\bin folder.
- Within the \bin directory, type "imagenow/REGSERVER" and then press ENTER.
- Test by printing from the ImageNow Printer.