D2L - Activating a Current Semester Course (UW-Madison)
This document describes the process for instructors or course designers to activate an existing D2L course for student access.
IMPORTANT: Students will not be able to see the D2L course until it is set to Active following the steps below.
Here's how to make your course active for student access:
1. Log into Learn@UW at http://learnuw.wisc.edu/
|see Logging in to Learn@UW for more information|
|2. Click on your course's name located under the current semester||
see Viewing Current Courses if you do not see your course
Note: the icon signifies an inactive course
Shortcut: click on the to the right of the Course Name after logging in, and skip to Step 5
|3. Click on the Course Admin drop-down menu and select Edit Course.
Video overview of the process
|4. Under Site Setup, click Course Offering Information
|5. Check the Course is active box
6. If desired, you can now make adjustments, such as:
|7. Finish by clicking .||
The active course will be visible to students immediately.
- D2L - Activating a Current Semester Course (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Copying a Course from a Previous Semester (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Changing Info in Automatically Created Courses (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Limiting Student Access to a Course (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Instructor Cannot See a Course in D2L (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Copying Components from One Course to Another (UW-Madison)