D2L - Activating a Current Semester Course (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
This document describes the process for instructors or course designers to activate an existing D2L course for student access.
IMPORTANT: Students will not be able to see the D2L course until it is set to Active following the steps below.
Here's how to make your course active for student access:
1. Log into Learn@UW at http://learnuw.wisc.edu/
|see Logging in to Learn@UW for more information|
|2. Click on your course's name located under the current semester||
see Viewing Current Courses if you do not see your course
Note: the icon signifies an inactive course
Shortcut: click on the to the right of the Course Name after logging in, and skip to Step 5
|3. Click on the Course Admin drop-down menu and select Edit Course.
Video overview of the process
|4. Under Site Setup, click Course Offering Information
|5. Check the Course is active box
6. If desired, you can now make adjustments, such as:
|7. Finish by clicking .||
The active course will be visible to students immediately.
- D2L - Activating a Current Semester Course (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Copying a Course from a Previous Semester (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Changing Info in Automatically Created Courses (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Limiting Student Access to a Course (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Instructor Cannot See a Course in D2L (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Copying Components from One Course to Another (UW-Madison)