Learn@UW - Releasing a Quiz to a Group
Quizzes can be selectively released to a group using the "additional release conditions" feature. It is also possible to release a quiz to a group using release conditions in the content tool.
Release a quiz to a group using Quiz Release Conditions
Quizzes may be released to groups of students based on release conditions. Note that in some cases, it may be necessary to make multiple copies of a quiz to release to different groups with different properties (such as time). Additionally, it is also not possible to grant groups "Special Access."1) Start by clicking on the Assignments drop-down menu in the navigation bar, and then Quizzes.
2) Click on the name of a quiz to edit it.
3) Click on the Restrictions tab.
4) Under Additional Release Conditions, select Create and Attach.
5) Use the Conditions Type drop-down menu to find the condition Group Enrollment under the Classlist category.
6) Use the Group drop-down menu to select the group which you would like to release the quiz to.
7) Click Create.
8) When finished editing the quiz, click .
Release a quiz to a group using Content Release Conditions
- First, set up the quiz as you normally would. This includes setting any release conditions such as start/end dates or reports to students.
- When finished, click on the Assignments drop-down menu in the navigation bar, and then select Content.
- Select and then Quizzes.
- Select the proper quiz from Quizzes drop-down menu. Click Insert.
- Choose a title and a parent module for for the topic, then select .
- To set the group restriction, click on the to the right of the topic, and then select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- Follow steps 4 through 8 in the previous section.
Important: You must remove the quiz tool from the Navbar to prevent students from accessing the entire list of quizzes if you release the quiz using the content tool. You as an instructor will need to access quizzes through the link in content as described in Learn@UW - Linking Directly to a Tool .