D2L - Content Display Settings (UW-Madison)
You can change how course content appears in the content viewer. For example, you can chose:
- Whether to display content by type.
- Change the default completion tracking.
- Automatically update drag and drop files.
- Change Font type and size.
Begin by clicking Material, then Content, and then
- The Content Arrangement drop-down menu allows you to select whether to display content as is or group it by type (i.e. quizzes, links, dropbox etc.).
- The Navigation checkbox allows you to show or hide the collapsible content browser and navigation buttons in the Content viewer.
- Checking the box under HTML Templates allows you to make them available when creating content.
- Using the drop down menus under Default Font Settings you can change the font face and size used for new documents created in the HTML editor. The default settings are whatever your browser's settings are.
- Checking the first box under Drag and Drop Save Behavior will make it so the pop-up below appears when users drag and drop content, allowing for better organization of course files
- By checking the "Replace files with the same name" box under Drag and Drop Save Behavior, you can automatically update all files of the same name when you drag and drop a newer version of the file in the content window.
Completion TrackingFinally, you can change the completion status tracker's default setting.
- "Required: Automatic" - automatically mark as completed when a student clicks on the specific content module
- "Required: Manual" - Gives the student responsibility for changing each module's status to complete after interacting with the content
- "Not Required" - Turns off the completion tracker entirely
Adapted from Desire2Learn documentation