Learn@UW - Problems Importing the Gradebook
To ensure that a gradebook import works properly, please check the following:
- Check to ensure that the file you are importing is a "Windows .csv" file type.
(For older versions of Excel that don't have the "Windows .csv" file type, try ".csv comma delimited" as the file type.)
- Check to ensure the following were not included in the original export:
- A 'Weighted' Grade
- Grade Scheme
- Subtotal for Category
- Calculated Final Grade
- Type Calculated Grade Item
- Type Formula Grade Item
- Check the import file to verify that no text (or letter grades) have been added to any grade items that are not of type Text.
- Make sure the actual names, not the "Short Names," for the grade items are in the .csv file.
- Check your platform and browser.
- Check that the Grade Items do not have the same name as a Category.