D2L - Problems Importing the Gradebook (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
To ensure that a gradebook import works properly, please check the following:
- Check to ensure that the file you are importing is a "Windows .csv" file type.
(For older versions of Excel that don't have the "Windows .csv" file type, try ".csv comma delimited" as the file type.)
- Check to ensure the following were not included in the original export:
- A 'Weighted' Grade
- Grade Scheme
- Subtotal for Category
- Calculated Final Grade
- Type Calculated Grade Item
- Type Formula Grade Item
- Check the import file to verify that no text (or letter grades) have been added to any grade items that are not of type Text.
- Make sure the actual names, not the "Short Names," for the grade items are in the .csv file.
- Check your platform and browser.
- Check that the Grade Items do not have the same name as a Category.