UW Digital ID (HRS/SFS) - Customer - Requesting a Hardware Key Fob One Time Password (OTP) Device for Authentication
This document will summarize the steps you will take to request a key fob (hardware token) that will relay your one-time password (OTP) for authentication to HRS or SFS.
1. Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/
in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials
2. Click Request a Digital ID from the menu on the left hand side of the screen or click the Request a Digital ID link at the bottom of the page
The Selection page appears and there are a few options.
Help Me Choose
I. Within the first shaded question box, "Who will be using this Digital ID?" select Just me
II. Within the second shaded question box, "What will you be using this Digital ID for?" select Authentication
III. Within the third shaded question box, "What service do you need access to?" select HRS or SFS
IV. The system will indicate you should request a One-Time Password Device; to continue click the Start your request link under the picture
I Know Which Digital ID I Need
I. Under the heading, "Select from the list of Digital IDs below to begin your request" select One-Time Password Token
3. Verify that your name and E-mail (email must end in *.edu or *.org) are accurate
4. Read the Multi-Factor Authentication Core User Policy and Procedures document
5. Click the check box stating that you have read and agree with the Multi-Factor Authentication Core User Policy and Procedures
6. Click the Continue Your Request button
7. Select your three contingency challenge questions and provide answers
8. Enter a valid phone number for a contingency access temporary One-Time Password (Recommend a mobile phone in case you are not in your office)
9. Click the Save Contingency Access Information button to proceed
10. Select I would like to use a key fob to indicate you wish to use the fob for your One-Time Password device
11. Once this has been done you will see a confirmation that your request has been submitted. You will also receive an email outlining the next steps including ID verification and who your Local Registration Authority (LRA) is.
12. To complete your OTP request you must present a government issued photo ID and your UW ID to your LRA.
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW ID Card, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card.
13. To find out who your LRA is click on the Click here for assistance link at the bottom of the page within the UW Digital ID site.
You can also find this information by clicking on the Find Help link in the left-hand navigation menu.
14. After you have verified your identity the LRA will issue and assign / activate your hardware key fob.