UW Digital ID - Customer - Requesting a Smart Phone One Time Password (OTP) Application for Authentication
1. Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/ in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials
This document will summarize the steps you will take to request the smartphone application that will relay your one-time password (OTP) for authentication to HRS or SFS.
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=13942
2. Click Request a Digital ID from the menu on the left hand side of the screen or click the Request a Digital ID link at the bottom of the page
The Selection page appears and there are a few options.
Help Me ChooseI. Within the first shaded question box, "Who will be using this Digital ID?" select Just meII. Within the second shaded question box, "What will you be using this Digital ID for?" select AuthenticationIII. Within the third shaded question box, "What service do you need access to?" select HRS or SFSIV. The system will indicate you should request a One-Time Password Device; to continue click the Start your request link under the picture
3. Verify that your name and E-mail (email must end in *.edu or *.org) are accurate
4. Read the Multi-Factor Authentication Core User Policy and Procedures document
5. Click the check box stating that you have read and agree with the Multi-Factor Authentication Core User Policy and Procedures
6. Click the Continue Your Request button
7. Select your three contingency challenge questions and provide answers.
8. Enter a valid phone number for a contingency access temporary One-Time Password (Recommend a mobile phone in case you are not in your office)
9. Click the Save Contingency Access Information button to proceed
10. Select I would like to use my smartphone to indicate you wish to use a smartphone for your One-Time Password device
11. Once this has been done you will see a confirmation that your request has been submitted. You will also receive an email outlining the next steps including ID verification and who your Local Registration Authority (LRA) is.
12. Click on the red m.vip.symantec.com link to download and install the Symantec VIP app on your smartphone
13. To complete your OTP request you must present a government issued photo ID and your UW ID to your LRA.
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW ID Card, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card.
14. To find out who your LRA is click on the Click here for assistance link at the bottom of the page within the UW Digital ID site.
You can also find this information by clicking on the Find Help link in the left-hand navigation menu.
15. After you have verified your identity the LRA will verify the credential ID and assign / activate your smartphone.