UW Digital ID - Customer - Requesting a One Time Password (OTP) for Authentication
This document will summarize the steps you will take to request a key fob or smartphone application that will relay your one-time password (OTP) for authentication to HRS or SFS.
- Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/ in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials.
- Click Request a Digital ID from the menu on the left hand side of the screen or click the Request a Digital ID link at the bottom of the page.
- The Selection page appears. Under the heading I Know Which Digital ID I Need select One-Time Password Token.
- Verify that your name and E-mail (email must end in *.edu or *.org) are accurate.
- Read the Multi-Factor Authentication Core User Policy and Procedures document.
- Click the check box stating that you have read and agree with the Multi-Factor Authentication Core User Policy and Procedures.
- Click the Continue Your Request button.
- Select your three contingency challenge questions and provide answers.
- Enter a valid phone number for a contingency access temporary One-Time Password. A mobile phone is recommended in case you are not in your office.
- Click the Save Contingency Access Information button to proceed.
- Once this has been done you will see a confirmation that your request has been submitted. You will also receive an email outlining the next steps, including ID verification requirements and who your Local Registration Authority (LRA) is.
- Select I would like to use a key fob or I would like to use my smartphone to indicate whether you wish to obtain a hardware fob or use your smartphone as your OTP device.
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=13942
- If you choose smartphone, click on the red m.vip.symantec.com link to download and install the Symantec VIP app on your smartphone.
The 2 forms of identification must include one ID from each category below:
- UW Affiliation: UW ID Card, UW Health Card, HR Verification Form, Notary Public
- Government-issued ID: State-issued Photo ID, US Military Card, Passport
Note: If you selected Smartphone as your OTP device, be sure to bring your smartphone in addition to the above IDs.