Mainframe - General Information and Help
This document provides some basic information about accessing the Mainframe and how to obtain help.
Email and Phone Support
Obtaining Mainframe Authorization
New users or users who need new authorizations need to submit an authorization form. See Mainframe - Obtaining Authorization for more information.
Installing the client
To access the mainframe you will need to install a 3270 program. For instructions covering the installation of a 3270 client, please see one of the following documents:
Hours of Operation
Most IMS transactions are available from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Select transactions are available on the weekends at specific points in the year.TSO is available 24x7, with a maintenance window from 5:00 to 10:00 AM on Sundays.
Instructions for UseDepartments generally offer employees training on the transactions and applications they need to use. The Help Desk Knowledge Base and the Payroll transaction manuals below, however, can be used as a reference. You can also contact Payroll/OHR for help with Payroll transactions.
Help Desk Knowledge BaseYou can search the Help Desk Knowledge Base for mainframe issues. Remember that searching for "3270" will bring you to this document, so if you need help with a specific process try including additional search terms, or select the "Mainframe" topic from the drop down menu to search exclusively for mainframe documents. For example, to find out how to install 3270 clients, search for "3270 install".
TP Transaction ManualFor issues with Payroll (TP) transactions, you can consult the 3270 Payroll Manual for process information and troubleshooting.
Phone and Email Assistance
Contact the UW Service Centerfor assistance with functional and use questions on payroll transactions, such as:
- How do I use this transaction?
- I am having problems entering data into 3270?
- Why am I getting an error message?The Service Center can be reached by phone, email, online chat and automatic case generation. Please see: 17960 .
Contact the Help Deskfor assistance with general technical issues, such as:
- I need a password reset.
- My mainframe account is locked.
- A mainframe transaction is down or not responding.
- My session appears to be hung.
- I need assistance with the 3270 client installation.
- I am missing a transaction.The Help Desk can be reached by phone, email, online chat and automatic case generation. Please see: 1 .Please note that for security reasons, all password related issues must be resolved over the phone.