WiscWeb CMS - Using Layout Blocks On Your Page
While the WiscWebCMS Standard Template defaults to a two-column layout, with a thinner column on the left and wider one one the right, users have the ability to add additional columns to a content block to change the layout. Layout Blocks give you more flexibility in laying out your pages without needing to have a customized site.
- Navigate to the page that you want to add a Layout Block to, and click the red dot next to Open Page.
- Click the red dot next to Manage Center Blocks.
- Click Create and Connect Page.
- At the top of the screen, click the linked text Layout Blocks (Shared).
- You will see several options for Layout Blocks to add to your page. In the description column, you will see the percentage of the Content Block that each new column will take up.
- Chose the layout option that you want, for example "75-25 Two Column."
- As always, give this content item an appropriate Headline and click OK.
- You are brought back to your page, and will now see new red dots on the page. To manage each content block within the new Layout Block, click the red dot next to the content block title (for example, Manage Left Blocks).
Removing Left Column
- Click the red dot next to Open Page on the page you created your Layout Block on.
- Click the Page Info tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the red dot next to General Information.
- In the Show Column pull down menu, select No. This will remove the left column. Click OK.