Moodle - i>clicker integration
This document describes how to configure UW Moodle for use with i>clicker.
OverviewThe UW Moodle i>clicker integration allows students to register their clickers with the Moodle installation. Instructors are provided with a reporting view which allows them to view a listing of the students in their courses who have and have not registered clickers. The plugin also provides integration with the i>clicker and i>grader desktop applications and allows direct grade import and export from the Moodle course gradebook.
1. Download and extract the UW Moodle customized i>Clicker application
There are downloads available for Mac, Windows and Linux: (Last updated Sep 9, 2015)
There is no installation requirement beyond extracting the above archives, so this software can be run off a thumb drive if needed.
2. Add the i>clicker block to the moodle course
Students use the i>clicker block to register clickers, and instructors use the block to view reports and to obtain the security key.
- Turn "editing on" in the course.
- Add the i>clicker block to the course using the "Add a block" control in the right column.
- Click on the "Single Signon Security Key" link in the new block and make a note of the key. This will be required to configure the client software.
3. Create a course in the i>clicker Desktop application and link with moodle
- If you haven't done so already, create a course in the i>clicker desktop application to correspond to the moodle course. For more information, see the i>clicker Moodle Instructor Guide.
- After creating the course, edit the settings and choose the appropriate moodle site on the Gradebook tab.
- Click "Select Course".
Enter information as follows:
LMS Username: <your netid>@wisc.edu ( e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org )
Security key: Enter your single signon security key from above
- Click login and select your moodle course.
- Even if students are using i>clicker for more than one course, they only need to register their clickers in one course and their registration data will automatically be applied to all of their other UW Moodle courses using i>clicker.
- Students can share clickers with a friend/roommate as long as they are not using i>clicker in the same courses.
- Students can register more than one clicker in UW Moodle. If, for example, students break a clicker, they can register additional clickers through the same tool and all of their registered clickers (and their votes) will be tied to their NetID in UW Moodle.