UW Digital ID - LRA & Help Desk - Unlocking One Time Password Contingency Access for a Customer
This document explains the process for unlocking contingency access for a customer.
When a customer has entered an incorrect response to the contingency access questions 3 times they will see the following message:
"You have been locked out of contingency access due to too many incorrect security question answers."
Important Note: the OTP device will still work even though contingency access for a temporary static OTP is locked.
1. Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/ in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=13942
2. The Additional Login Required page appears
3. Enter your One Time Password to complete your login to the site
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=33234
4. Perform Identity Verification of the customer by verifying photo, name, and expiration date.
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW ID Card, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card.
5. Click Administration from the left hand menu
6. Enter the name of the person you wish to search for
7. You can change the Status field to Completed to help filter results then click Search
8. Click on the name of the person to select the desired customer
9. Once identity has been verified, click the Unlock Contingency button in the upper right corner
10. When prompted click Unlock when asked to confirm you wish to unlock the customer
11. User has been unlocked from contingency access message will appear
12. Inform the customer that they can now attempt to request a static temporary one-time password using their contingency access questions