UW Digital ID - LRA & Customer - Credential / ID Verification and Activate / Assign a REMOTE Customer's One Time Password (OTP) Requests
This document summarizes how to credential / ID verify and activate / assign a remote customer's OTP request.
There are a couple of different scenarios to consider for ID verification of remote customers.
Customer already has a personal UW Digital ID certificate.
If this is the case the customer will not need to re-verify their Identification.
1. LRAs will search for the customer's personal certificate request in the UW Digital ID system and then enter the same IDs for their OTP request.
Customer is remote most days but does come to campus occasionally.
If this is the case they do have the option to visit the Campus LRA and present their IDs in person.
The in-person process is outlined in the following KB: UW Digital ID - LRA - Credential / ID Verification Process for One Time Password (OTP) Requests
Customer is remote and never comes to campus.
If this is the case use the Public Notary form with ID verification and mailing instructions included.
1. LRAs will be responsible for emailing the Public Notary form to the remote customer.
3. Once the public notary form has been completed and the UW Digital ID Service Team has received the form they will credential the OTP request.
4. After the UW Digital ID Service Team has credentialed the OTP request the service team will email the LRA.
5. The LRA will log into the UW Digital ID site and verify that credentialing has occurred.
6. If the hardware key fob is selected as the OTP device the LRA will mail the hardware key fob to the customer using certified mail (signature required).
7. The customer will email the LRA to confirm receipt of the hardware fob.
8. The LRA will activate / assign the hardware key fob to the customer by entering the serial number for the hardware key fob.
9. If smart phone app is selected the customer is responsible for downloading and installing the symantec VIP application on their smart phone.
10. The customer will then call the LRA and relay the (Serial Number / Credential ID) for the smart phone.
11. The LRA will activate / assign the smart phone app to the customer by entering the (Serial Number / Credential ID) for the smart phone.