UW Digital ID - Customer - Lost or Stolen OTP Device
This document summarizes what to do if the device you use for generating your one time password is lost or stolen.
This applies to both types of OTP devices the Key Fob and Smart Phone App.
1. Disable your OTP Device
2. Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/ in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=13942
The My Digital IDs page appears and there are a two ways to disable your OTP Device.
Option 1I. Click on the OTP Device in the My Digital IDs listII. Click the Disable Device button in the upper right cornerIII. A warning window will appear and ask you to confirm that you want to disable the OTP deviceIV. Click Disable Device button to continueV. Device Disabled message will appear
Option 2I. Click the Request Temporary Password button above your list of Digital IDs in the upper right corner of the pageII. Click on the Disable Device button at the bottom of the pageIII. A Device Disabled message will appear
3. Contact your LRA as soon as you become aware of the loss / theft
4. To find out who your LRA is click on the Click here for assistance link at the bottom of the page within the UW Digital ID site.
You can also find this information by clicking on the Find Help link in the left-hand navigation menu.
5. To verify your identity you must present a government issued photo ID and your UW ID to your LRA:
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW ID Card, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card.
6. Request a new OTP device (Note: Customers cannot request a new OTP device until an LRA has deactivated their current OTP device)
Request a key fob OTP device: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=32643
Request a smart phone app OTP device: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=32644
7. After you have placed your request and verified your identity, the LRA can Activate your new One Time Password Device