UW Digital ID - LRA - Lost or Stolen OTP Device
1. Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/ in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials
This document summarizes the process for handling a customer's lost / stolen device that they used to generate their one time password.
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=13942
2. The Additional Login Required page appears
3. Enter your One Time Password to complete your login to the site
If you experience problems logging into this page please refer to the following: http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=33234
4. Review the two forms of IDs presented by the customer verifying photo, name, and expiration date.
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW ID Card, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card (One must be a UW ID).
5. Enter the name of the person you wish to search for
6. Change the Status field to Completed to help filter results then click Search
7. Click on the name of the person to select the desired customer
8. Once identity has been verified, click the Deactivate Device button in the upper right corner
9. A warning window will appear and ask you to confirm that you want to permanently deactivate the OTP device
10. Click the Deactivate button to continue
11. Device Deactivated message will appear
12. Instruct the customer to submit a request for a new OTP device they would like to use (Note: Customers cannot request a new OTP device until an LRA has deactivated their current OTP device)
For assistance requesting a new OTP device please refer to the KBs in the "See Also" section below
- UW Digital ID - Customer - Requesting a Hardware Key Fob One Time Password (OTP) Device for Authentication
- UW Digital ID - Customer - Requesting a Smart Phone One Time Password (OTP) Application for Authentication
- UW Digital ID - LRA - Activating / Assigning the OTP Hardware Key Fob for a Customer
- UW Digital ID - LRA - Activating / Assigning the OTP Smartphone Application for a Customer