HR - WED - UW_HR_MISSING_SSN
This document will provide you with the steps necessary to add or update an employee's Primary National ID.
The UW_HR_MISSING_SSN is an error report created to find Defaulted Primary National ID errors. These errors appear in the WED notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.
Primary National ID information is either missing or incorrect. Typically this occurs when no Social Security Number is entered at the time of hire and the system defaults the Social Security Number to all X's. A Social Security Number is required for all employees in the system - even Student Help or other non-benefit eligible employees. When we report W2 earnings, we are required to report those earnings with a valid SSN or valid reporting ID. All insurance vendors require a valid number when reporting for benefits. Please review appropriate documentation provided by the employee (Social Security Card, valid Work Visa or other I9 Identification, Benefits Enrollment Forms) to identify the correct data to enter into Modify a Person.
- Error Listing contains Employees with:
- National ID: Social Security Number = All X's
- National ID: UW Reporting ID only and no SSN is listed
- Credentialed Users enter correct Biographical Data for each Employee on list and mark the employee as "completed" on the WED.
- Employee's Biographical Data is corrected in the system
- Employee falls off the WED Error Query the following business day
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and are based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if they have the ability to fix them.
- Any employee biographical changes requiring a new Social Security Card or updated information with the Social Security Administration requires documentation to be submitted to the central office HR department for update.
- There may be soft warnings that will pop up after clicking Save. Please click through these warnings to allow for the Save.
2. To filter the results of the Error Query list further, options appear below.
Module = Cast net by specific functional group queries
Priority = All queries by default are sorted High, Medium, Low
Business Unit = filter by campus
Dept ID = filter by specific Dept ID (must enter full alpha + six digit code)
DeptID (like) = filter by a partial Dept ID to capture larger net at the division level or multiple departments.
3. Click on UW_HR_Missing_SSN Error Query
- Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, DeptID (1), DeptID - Like (2), Show Claimed, Show Completed.
4. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
5. Click Link to PERSONAL_DATA_1
6. Modify a Person page opens in a new window, where National ID is stored. The National ID fields are not effective dated. You need to add an additional row to add a National ID Type and number. Note: A National ID Type of SSN is required by the system. If you are adding a UW Reporting ID, be sure not to overwrite this row - instead add a new row, choose the appropriate type, enter the number and mark it as the Primary ID and Save.
Example 1: National ID Type of SSN with a value of all X's
1. Click + button to add a new National ID type = UW Reporting ID
2. Use a "0" + the full Empl_ID number as the UW Reporting ID
3. Check the UW Reporting ID as Primary ID.
Example 2: UW Reporting ID only with no Social Security Number.
1. Click + button to add a new National ID type = Social Security Number
2. Add X's in the following format: XXX-XX-XXXX
Example 3: Primary ID check box is incorrect
1. Change the Primary ID by checking the box for UW Reporting ID type. The Primary National ID must be numeric.
2. SAVE 7. Upon successfully fixing and saving the change for the Employee, close the open window and return to the UW_HR_Missing_SSN Error Query page.
8. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
9. Click Home link to return to the main WED page OR
10. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
11. Upon successful completion of the Employee's error and nightly updates, the Employee will fall off the list.
7. Upon successfully fixing and saving the change for the Employee, close the open window and return to the UW_HR_Missing_SSN Error Query page.
Social Security Administration Verification Process: http://www.ssa.gov/employer/ssnv.htm