D2L - Importing a SCORM Learning Object and associating with a grade item (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
SCORM content, such as lectures or quizzes created in Captivate, Articulate, Storyline, or Camtasia, can be imported into D2L for enhanced tracking and grading.
Import a SCORM Learning Object
- Click Course Admin > Edit Course.
- Click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select Import Components, and browse for the zipped package file. This will be the .zip file you created when you published from your authoring tool (like Captivate or Camtasia). Click Start.
- An Import Options screen will display. Enter a name for the folder you wish the object to be imported to. Use a new folder each time the exercise is updated. Check Import Metadata, as well as all of the associated "components" for the Content outline. Click Continue:
- D2L will display a Confirm Import Selections screen. Click Continue.
- D2L will import the learning object. Click Continue.
- D2L will display an Import Summary screen. You can either click View Content to view the content immediately or click Materials > Content to see the learning object in your content outline.
To associate with a grade item
- While viewing the learning object, click on Edit Topic:
- Look for the Grade Item under Assessment options. Add a grade item by selecting a pre-existing item from the dropdown menu, or click the [New Grade Item] link to create a new grade item:
- Finish by clicking Save