UW Digital ID - Customer - Process when Leaving or Terminating Position with UW - Returning Key Fob or Unassigning Smartphone Application
This document summarizes the process that an employee should follow in handling the returning of their hardware fob or deregistering their smartphone application as part of the process of resignation / retiring / transfer from UW or changing positions into a job which you no longer need to generate a One Time password.
This applies to both OTP devices Key Fob and Smart Phone App.
1. Contact your LRA and indicate that your position is ending with the UW
2. To find out who your LRA is click on the "Click here for assistance" link at the bottom of the page within the UW Digital ID site
3. To verify your identity you must present a government issued photo ID and your UW ID to an LRA
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW Campus ID, UW Health ID, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card
4. If a key fob was used return the key fob to the LRA
5. After you have verified your identity and returned the key fob, the LRA can Deactivate your One Time Password Device
6. If the smartphone app was used it can now be uninstalled