UW Digital ID - LRA - Credentialing Additional LRAs for Your Campus
This document summarizes the process by which a current Local Registration Authority (LRA) would credential an additional or new LRA.
The following steps are required to add an Local Registration Authority (LRA).
Who would make an ideal LRA?
- Current LRAs
- HR Staff
- ID Card Office Staff
- Full Time University Staff
Request an OTP device
LRA Identity Verification Process
1. Once the applicant has submitted their OTP request they will see a confirmation that their request has been submitted. They will also receive an email outlining the next steps including ID verification and who their Local Registration Authority (LRA) is.
2. To complete the OTP and LRA request you must present a non-expired government issued photo ID and your UW ID to your LRA.
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW ID Card, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card.
3. To find out whom your LRA is click on the Your Campus LRA link at the bottom of the page within the UW Digital ID site.
4. LRAs will be responsible for completing the LRA form with the customer in person.
Refer to the following KB: UW Digital ID - LRA - Completing the Local Registration Authority (LRA) Form
5. LRAs will email the completed form to the UW Digital ID Service Team email@example.com .
6. After the UW Digital ID Service Team has credentialed the OTP request and assigned the new customer as an LRA the service team will email the LRA.
7. The LRA will log into the UW Digital ID site and verify that credentialing has occurred.
8. If the hardware key fob is selected as the OTP device the LRA will assign the hardware key fob to the customer by entering the serial number for the hardware key fob.
Refer to the following KB: UW Digital ID - LRA - Activating / Assigning the OTP Hardware Key Fob for a Customer
9. If the smart phone app is selected the customer is responsible for downloading and installing the symantec VIP application on their smart phone.
Refer to the following KB: UW Digital ID - Customer - Requesting a Smart Phone One Time Password (OTP) Application for Authentication
10. The customer will visit the LRA to show them the (Serial Number / Credential ID) for the smart phone.
11. The LRA will assign the smart phone app to the customer by entering the (Serial Number / Credential ID) for the smart phone.
Refer to the following KB: UW Digital ID - LRA - Activating / Assigning the OTP Smartphone Application for a Customer