External Data Collections
These are tools created by sources external to UW-Madison that provide national data related to graduate programs.
- Institute of Education Sciences: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Downloadable reports on institutional characteristics, completions data, enrollment data and graduation rates data
- National Science Foundation (NSF): Statistics Data collection that provides statistical reports concerning degrees, disabilities, graduate students, international students, minorities, post-doctorates and more
- National Research Council (NRC): A Data-Based Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs in the United States Dataset for assessing the quality and effectiveness of doctoral programs based on measures important to faculty, students, administrators, funders and other stakeholder
- CGS: Graduate Enrollment and Degrees Report of national enrollment and degree trends
- US Census Bureau: Educational Attainment in the U.S. Reports detailing educational attainment of the population across age, sex, race and Hispanic Origin
- Classification of Instruction Programs (CIP) codes Full listing of CIP codes, used for identifying like fields of study across institutions of higher education