WiscWeb CMS - Known Issues with Internet Explorer
This document outlines known issues with Internet Explorer and WiscWeb CMS. As new issues and/or workaround are found for these issues, this document will be updated.
There are known issues in using Internet Explorer 10 or 11 and WiscWebCMS that requires users to run IE in compatibility mode. Without compatibility mode, many features will not function as expected. This document will discuss setting compatibility mode for IE10 and 11.
Setting Compatibility Mode
- After logging into WiscWebCMS and proceeding to the SmartEdit tab, click Tools in the Menu Bar near the top of your browser window.
- If your Menu Bar is not visible, press the Alt key on your keyboard to make the bar visible.
- For IE 10: It should list: "Browser Mode: IE10 Compat View", likely with "Document Mode: IE9 standards".
- For IE 11: Click on the second button down, which is The Console Tool. If you are on a wisc.edu page, it will show you that wisc.edu was added to compatibility view. If you don't see it listed right away, refresh the page while you have The Console Tool open and it should populate then.
- You are not using Internet Explorer. Although Firefox, Chrome, and Safari can be used for general editing (e.g. SmartEdit, Tasks, Asset Manager), only Internet Explorer can be used when performing administrative tasks like SmartTree and Server Manager.
- If you are using Internet Explorer it may be that Compatibility View is not enabled. For the latest versions of Internet Explorer Compatibility VIew must be enabled, otherwise you may see a single item in the SmartTree view with no option to expand the tree to see additional areas. Please see WiscWeb CMS - Using Internet Explorer 10 and 11 in Compatibility Mode.
If you are experiencing these symptoms in other versions of Internet Explorer, please see Internet Explorer - Using Compatibility View
Some uers may login and find the SmartTree and Server Manager menu items to be disabled in WiscWeb CMS.
There are two reasons this might happen.