BN - Benefit Arrears Balance Query
The Benefit Arrears Balance Public Query is designed to give Administrators the ability to query arrears balances for their institution employees.
Arrears balances are created when an employee's net pay within a pay period is insufficient to cover a deduction or a retroactive benefit change has occurred. The Arrears Benefit Balances query provides the ability for Administrators to view all pending balances for their institution. Administrators need to review and determine if the arrears balance will take on the next payroll or request the balance to be removed with a payment plan or benefits billing to collect missing deductions. The "BN Campus Benefit Update" security role will provide access to run the Benefit Arrears Balance query.
- Query Name = UW_BN_ARREARS_BAL
- Business Unit
- Excel spreadsheet
- Arrears balances will update after:
Benefit/Deductions (Retro Ben) is loaded to Arrears which is typically
two days before the final payroll confirm. Retro Ben is a result of a
change in coverage.
- Payroll has confirmed resulting in a change to arrears balances due to insufficient net earnings or prior arrears balances deducting.
1. Click Reporting Tools
2. Click Query
3. Click Query Viewer
4. Enter UW_BN_ARREARS_BAL into the search criteria and click Search.
5. You are shown the Search Results below. If you had done a partial search, multiple queries may appear in the list. If you searched for the specific query you are looking for, you should only see that value below. To view the query, click the link for Excel.
6. Once you click on the Excel link, a new page will open. On that page, you will enter your Business Unit into the Business Unit field. You can also search for your business unit by clicking on the magnifying glass.
7. After you choose your business unit, click View Results.
8. Open the query using Microsoft Excel and click OK or Open depending on your internet browser.
Below is an example of Mozilla Firefox.
Below is an example of Windows Internet Explorer 9.
9. Review the results and determine a course of actions if needed. Please contact your Affinity Group if you need arrears balances adjusted. Note: An employee may appear on the report with multiple rows if they have balances for more than one Deduction Code. The data appearing in the Excel spreadsheet is:
A. ID = Empl ID
B. Unit = Business Unit
C. Plan Type = A list of Plan Type are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
D. Plan = A list of Benefit Plans are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
E. Deductn Cd = A list of Deduction Codes are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
F. Ded Class = Deduction Class values are B for Before Tax and A for After Tax.
G. Arrears = Arrears balance amount
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Reviewing Arrears Balances
- BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid
- BN - Benefits Coverage Code Job Aid
- BN - Review Benefit Program Enrollments
- BN - Review Health Benefits Enrollments
- BN - Review Life and AD/D Benefits Enrollments
- BN - Review Disability Benefit Enrollments
- Document 48738 is unavailable at this time.
- Include links to UWSA website for any related forms here.