BN - Reviewing Arrears Balances
This user procedure provides an overview of reviewing arrears balances.
Arrears balances are created when an employee's net pay within a pay period is insufficient to cover a deduction or a retroactive benefit change has occurred. This procedure should be used to view arrears balances identified by BN - Benefit Arrears Balance Query or when reconciling employee premiums.
- Empl ID
- Arrears balances will update after:
- Retroactive Benefit/Deductions (Retro Ben) is loaded to Arrears which is typically two days before the final payroll confirm. Retro Ben is a result of a change in coverage.
- Payroll has confirmed resulting in a change to arrears balances due to insufficient net earnings or prior arrears balances deducting.
1. Click Payroll for North America
2. Click Periodic Payroll Events USA
3. Click Balance Reviews
4. Click Arrears
5. Enter the Empl ID into the Search Criteria and click Search.
6. The Arrears Balances tab will display balances for each Deduction Code as of the last confirmed payroll or Retro Ben load. BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid will provide a reference to the Plan Type, Benefit Plan, and Deduction Code appearing on the page. Multiple rows may exist on the Arrears Balance tab if the employee has a balance for more than one Deduction Code.
7. The Arrears Balance Adjustment tab will display the before and after adjustment balance. Multiple rows may exist on the Arrears Balance Adjustment tab if the employee has a balance for more than one Deduction Code.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Benefit Arrears Balance Query
- BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid
- BN - Earnings Statement Benefits Deductions Job Aid
- BN - Retro Benefits Review Process
- BN - Benefit Retro Queries