FN - Run Direct Retro Funding Distribution Audit Report
You can run a PeopleSoft HRS report by campus Division or Department to list employees who had salary expenses corrected by a Direct Retro Funding Distribution process for a previous payroll. Funding for an employee's salary expense includes earnings, deductions, and taxes.
Direct Retro Funding Distributions are processed during batch processing each evening, exception is on weekend unless special processing and evening after payroll confirm (post-confirm day). You can run the Retro Distribution Audit report by the various process states of: Complete, Delete, Editing, Initiated. When the status of the Direct Retro Funding Distribution (also known as Salary Cost Transfer) is Complete, you can view the old data and new data of employees' funding combination codes for earnings, deductions, and taxes.
The Direct Retro Funding Distribution Audit report results can be run as a .PDF (portable document format) or .CSV (comma separated value) for downloading to an Excel spreadsheet.
HRS Security Role NeededFI Campus User Funding Reports
From the HRS Main Menu, navigate to: UW Financial Reports > UW Retro Distribution Audit Rpt.
- In the UW Retro Distribution Audit search screen:
a. If this is the first time running this report, click the Add a New Value tab. Go to Step 3.
b. If not the first time running the report, click Search to locate your pre-existing Run Control ID. Go to Step 4.
Note: A Run Control ID is name assigned to a set of report parameters used to run the report. Once saved, it can be re-used the next time the report is run.
a. In the Run Control ID field, enter a name that is 30 characters or less and contains no spaces. Example: RETROFUNDING
b. Click Add to continue to the next screen.
- In the Retro Distribution Audit section:
a. In the field for Run Control ID, enter the unique Direct Retro ID number which begins with DR000, if known (e.g. DR00000069279). Otherwise, leave blank.
b. In the field for Create User ID, enter the 8-digit Employee ID of the person who created the Direct Retro funding distribution record, if known (e.g. 00721397). Otherwise, leave blank.
c. In the field Error Status, click the drop-down arrow and select from the list of available choices: Creation, OK, Rejected. Otherwise, leave blank.
d. In the field for Process State, click the drop-down arrow and select from the list of available choices: Complete, Delete, Editing, Initiated. Otherwise, leave blank.
e. In the field for Dept ID, enter all or part of the 7-character appointing Department ID which begins with your alpha campus code identifer; or leave blank to include all appointing departments. If you enter a partial appointing department, you must use the percent character as a wildcard (e.g. B48%).
f. In the Create Date Range section:
(1) In the Begin date field, choose a beginning date for the date range when the Direct Retro funding distribution (e.g. Salary Cost Transfer) was created, if known.
(2) In the End Date field, choose an end date for the date range when the Direct Retro funding distribution was created, if known.
g. In the Processed Date Range section:
(1) In the Begin Date field, choose a beginning date for the date range when the Direct Retro funding distribution (e.g. Salary Cost Transfer) was processed in HRS, if known.
(2) In the End Date field, choose an end date for the date range when the Direct Retro funding distribution was processed in HRS, if known.
h. To save the Run Control ID for re-use, click the Save button.
To run the report with your parameters, click the Run button.
- In the Process Scheduler Request screen:
a. To choose an output file format different than the default PDF (portable document format), click the drop-down arrow in the Format field, and select from the list of available choices (e.g. CSV for comma separated value).
Note: The option for CSV (comma separated value) allows you to open the file in an Excel spreadsheet.
b. To run the report, click OK.
- To display the run status of your report, click the hyperlink for Process Monitor.
- After clicking the Process Monitor hyperlink, the Process List screen displays. Locate your unique Instance number (e.g. 1151496) based on the report run date/time.
a. In the Process List screen, click on the yellow Refresh button until the report Run Status indicates "Success" and the Distribution Status indicates "Posted."
b. When the Run Status displays "Success" and Distribution Status displays "Posted", click on the Details hyperlink to view the report results.
- After clicking on the Details hyperlink, the Process Detail screen displays.
a. Locate the Actions section on the lower right-hand portion of the screen.
b. Click the View Log/Trace hyperlink to view the report results.
- In the View Log/Trace window, the File List section contains the output file format selected in Step 7 above. In our example, the .PDF output file format was selected. Click on the file name to view the report results.
- The Direct Retro Funding Distribution Audit report results open in a new window. The report output shows column headings in a "stacked" format, which can be difficult to read. Column heading stack #1 shows Check Data information. Column heading stack #2 shows direct retro funding Distribution Data (before and after).
For our report example, it is sorted by Processed Date, then Created Date.
(See screenshot below).
Screenshot Example of Direct Retro Funding Distribution Audit Report
FN - View Direct Retro Funding Distribution for Employee's Salary Expense
Document 17245 is unavailable at this time.