ASA Document 372. DRC Annual Report 05-06
University of Wisconsin Academic Staff Assembly Document #372
Madison 10 November 2006
Districting and Representation Committee
Annual Report for 2005-2006
· Each month, the DRC districted an average of 157 new academic staff members and reviewed district assignments for an average of 90 academic staff members with changes in title or department. This amounted to a total of 2,961 district placements and reviews for the year. There were a total of 7179 academic staff members at the end of the 2005-2006 fiscal year.
- Reviewed district profiles and district membership for logic and consistency, making corrections as needed. Responded to individual queries about districts and/or district placement.
- Reviewed districts and adjusted as needed to fit within required size limits (35 to 75 members per district).
- Provided Secretary’s office with monthly lists of new and changed academic staff.
- Updated Public District Profiles (PDP) and “short” district descriptions as necessary. This information can be found on the DRC website at: http://drcacademic- staff.wisc.edu
- Updated the DRC database of district members on a monthly basis and posted to the DRC website. (http://drc-academic-staff.wisc.edu)
- Contacted representatives as needed regarding “grandparenting”. This is a procedure which allows a representative who typically would be moved to a new district due to title or UDDS change, to remain in their district for one year or the next district election, whichever is later.
- Began development of a long-term DRC report.
2005-2006 Committee Members
Charlene Krembs, Chair