D2L - Importing Grades (UW-Madison)
To successfully import grades on a Macintosh, it is necessary to follow these steps during export and import.
- Export your gradebook as you normally would, as described in Learn@UW - Importing and Exporting the Gradebook.
- After the export file has downloaded, verify that the file extension is ".csv" (you may need to change ".cs" to ".csv or to delete ".txt" from the filename).
- Open the file as normally in Microsoft Excel.
- When saving the file in Excel,choose File and then Save As....
- In the Format dropdown menu, select TXT or CSV (Windows).
- Click Save.
To ensure that the import works properly, verify that you are using a recommended browser as documented in: Learn@UW - Recommended Browsers.