Approved January 24, 2013
2:00-4:30 Thursday, January 10, 2013
Harrison Parlor, Lathrop Hall
Members present: Daña Alder, Vice-Chair; Marwa Bassiouni, Denny Hackel, Jim Maynard, Robert Newsom, Jeff Shokler, Chair; Erin Silva, Heather Daniels, Past-Chair; Heather McFadden.
Chair Jeff Shokler called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m.
The minutes for Thursday, January 3, 2013, were approved with minor corrections.
- ASEC Chair-Jeff Shokler: Jeff updated ASEC on communications regarding the special events parking issue and the role of collaboration among the governance groups in addressing this issue. The governance chairs chat discussed the sustainability issue and potential approaches to the structural deficit in transportation.
- Interim Secretary of the Academic Staff – Jo Ann Carr: The office is meeting with the Nominating and Communications committees next week.
- Next meeting for approval: January 24, 2013: Provost, Steve Stern, Damon Williams, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Steve Lund. Business: Elect ASEC Vice Chair.
- Convene in closed session pursuant to Wisconsin Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) [Moved by Daña Alder. Seconded by Robert Newsom. Approved.]
- Reconvene in open session. [Moved by Daña Alder. Seconded by Robert Newsom. Approved.]
The meeting adjourned at 4:33 p.m.
Submitted by Jo Ann Carr, Interim Secretary of the Academic Staff.