This document gives an overview of fsaATLAS.
fsaATLAS is a web-based visa case management application used by the students and scholar advisors in the International Student Services (ISS), Graduate Admissions, International Faculty and Staff Services, and Undergraduate Admissions offices. All international scholars and students must have a record entered in SEVIS, which is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System managed by the Department of Homeland Security.
fsaATLAS can be used to perform a variety of functions to support international students and staff, including data entry, report generation, SEVIS data uploads and downloads, and visa management. With fsaATLAS, ISS can maintain SEVIS compliance, work more effectively to attract and retain international students and scholars, and increase productivity and service across all areas of responsibility.
Users of this service are limited to staff working in the following offices:
- International Student Services
- International Faculty and Staff Services
- Graduate Admissions
- Undergraduate Admissions
As a web-based application, certain browser requirements must be met to ensure all functions work as expected. See fsaATLAS - Recommended Browsers for more information.
In addition, the following software requirements must be met in order to use all features:
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 is required to run the application.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2003 or later must be installed with the latest service pack(s) to enable the application's RTI Access.
- Microsoft PIAs must be installed for the respective version of Office being used to allow RTI Access functionality. These are generally installed by default; if not, a Windows Presentation Foundation error will be displayed.
- Adobe Reader must be installed to read PDFs generated by the Record Navigator and the SEVIS Management console.
fsaATLAS is generally available 24x7, with the exception of a regularly scheduled maintenance window every Wednesday from 6:00pm to midnight.