UW-Madison Box (Win) - Connect to WebDav
This document provides the steps for setting up a secure WebDav to connect your UW-Madison Box account on Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
Box will no longer support WebDav connections as of January 31, 2019
Note: These instructions require that you have created an external Box password for your account. If you do not have an external password set up, complete the steps in UW-Madison Box - Creating an External Password before proceeding.
Navigate to Computer (renamed "This PC" in Windows 8.1). To do this:
- Windows Vista/7: Open the Start Menu, then select Computer from the right-hand side of the menu.
- Windows 8: Go to the Start Screen and begin typing computer, then select the Computer icon when it appears.
- Windows 8.1: Go to the Start Screen and begin typing this pc, then select the This PC icon when it appears.
Select Map network drive from the ribbon.
In the window that appears, perform the following steps:
- Use the Drive dropdown to select any drive letter that is not currently in use.
- In the Folder field, type: https://dav.box.com/dav
- Check the box to Reconnect at logon.
After a few moments, you will be prompted for your credentials. Your username should be your Box email address, e.g. email@example.com. Your password should be your Box external password (see UW-Madison Box - Creating an External Password).
Note: If you do not check Remember my credentials, you will be prompted for them each time you access your Box WebDav drive after rebooting your computer. However, leaving it unchecked allows anyone with access to your computer to view and modify your Box files.
Once the drive has been mapped, it will automatically open in Windows Explorer with your Box files and folders displayed. You can later access it by selecting https://dav.box.com/dav in the left-hand navigation pane under Computer.