HR - WED - UW_HR_NEW_HIRE_HOLD
Missing Previous Service Dates causes downstream impacts for Benefits when attempting to process benefits eligibility and assign a Benefits Program for any employee. This error report lists those employees who are either missing previous service OR have a benefits flag issue. Campus users with the proper credentialing are able to view the report and fix the data integrity issue.
The UW_HR_NEW_HIRE_HOLD is an error report created to notify campus Benefits and/or HR Administrators of employees who have blank values in their WRS Previous State or Local Service fields or who have Benefit Primary Flag issues. These errors will appear in the WED notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.
If the employee's WRS Previous State or Local Service Fields are blank on JOB data, it means that the overnight process that contacts the Employee Trust Funds (ETF) system has found a match on their Social Security Number indicating that they previously worked for a WRS eligible employer and may have prior service. This is the most common reason for an employee to appear on the WED with this error.
If the Employee specified on the list doesn't have a Previous Service issue, please check with your Benefits Coordinator to review/fix benefits flags (Reference: Document 20455 is unavailable at this time. ; BN - Rebuild Primary Job Flag .)
- Error Listing contains Employees with:
- Missing Previous Service (check with your Benefits Coordinator and refer to KB: Looking Up Prior WRS Service ) OR
- Benefits Flag issue (check with your Benefits Coordinator and refer to the following KBs: Document 20455 is unavailable at this time. ; BN - Rebuild Primary Job Flag )
- Credentialed Users can enter Missing Previous Service.
- Employee Previous Service - resolved
- Employee will fall off the Error Query
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and are based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if they have the ability to fix them.
- There may be soft warnings that will pop up after clicking Save. Please click through these warnings to allow for the Save.
- **If there is a Benefits Flag issue, this person will remain on the error list until resolved. In the event this occurs, please follow up with your Benefits Coordinator or AG Rep.
1. When you log into HRS, the WED Error Queries will appear to the right of the Main Menu. Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. Click on the UW_HR_NEW_HIRE_HOLD Error ID hyperlink.
- Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, DeptID (1), DeptID - Like (2), Show Claimed, Show Completed.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click Link to UW_BN_JOB_DATA
5. Note that the Previous Service fields are blank. Navigate to Work Location Tab
6. Click the + button to add a row. The effective date used must be the same as the hire/rehire date, use sequence +1. Action = Data Change; Reason = BN Eligibile Update. Navigate to the UW Benefits Tab
7. Add the appropriate numbers into the previous service fields. Click Save.
8. Close this window to return to the Error Query Summary Page.
9. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
10. Click Home link to return to the main WED page OR
11. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
12. Upon successful completion of the Employee's error and nightly updates, the Employee will fall off the list.