HR - WED - UW New Hire Hold Report
The UW New Hire Hold is an error report created to notify campus Benefits and/or HR Administrators of employees who have blank values in their WRS Previous State or Local Service fields or who have Benefit Primary Flag issues. These errors will appear in the WED notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.
- If the employee's WRS Previous State or Local Service Fields are blank on JOB data, it means that the overnight process that contacts the Employee Trust Funds (ETF) system has found a match on their Social Security Number indicating that they previously worked for a WRS eligible employer and may have prior service. This is the most common reason for an employee to appear on the WED. Benefit Administrators must complete a WRS Prior Service check prior to following the steps in this procedure. (See: BN - Looking up Prior WRS Service in ETFOne )
- If WRS Prior Service is not blank, it indicates the employee may have a
Benefits Primary Job Flag issue. This person will remain on the error list until
the issue is resolved. In the event this occurs, please
follow up with your AG Representative. (Reference: BN - Benefit Primary Flag Assignment ; BN - Rebuild Primary Job Flag .)
An employee will remain on the New Hire Hold Report until all fields are properly populated for every Effective Date and maximum Effective Sequence for each date within each Empl Rcd. Until all records are updated, the employee will not be assigned to a Benefit Program.
If data for the UW Benefits tab fields are found for an earlier effective date on the employee's primary job, the data can be carried forward and entered into more recent effective dates. If no data is found, access OneNet ETF (See KB 41925 Looking Up Prior WRS Service) to find the employee's correct data to be entered into the UW Benefits Tab prior service fields.
- If the data is being entered for a past effective date, return to the UW Benefits tab. Click Correct History and populate the required fields. Repeat process for every effective date and maximum effective sequence of each date for each Empl Rcd that has those fields blank. Click Save. If you do not have a Correct History role, open a WiscIt and assign it to your AG Group for resolution.
1. Log into HRS. Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. Click on the UW_HR_NEW_HIRE_HOLD Error ID hyperlink.
- Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, DeptID (1), DeptID - Like (2), Show Claimed, Show Completed.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click Link to UW_BN_JOB_DATA
5. Note that the Previous Service fields are blank and the Benefit Service Date is equal to the hire date.
6. Navigate to Work Location Tab. Click the + button to add a row.
- The Effective Date used must equal the hire/rehire date.
- You will need to enter an Effective Sequence equal to the current row +1. (i.e. current = 0, enter 1 in this field)
- Action = Data Change
- Reason = BN Eligibility Update
7. Click on the UW Benefits Tab and add the appropriate number of months into the WRS Prior State and Local Service fields and roll back the Benefit Service Date to match the prior State Service (maximum of 12 months).
8. The Prior Service field will need to be updated on each Empl Rcd. Click the Next in List and Previous in List buttons to navigate between Empl Rcd, and within each Empl Rcd click the right and left row buttons to find every Effective Date and maximum Effective Sequence of each date.
9. Click the Save button when all data has been entered on all records.
10. Close this window to return to the Error Query Summary Page.
11. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
12. Click Home link to return to the main WED page OR
13. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
14. Upon successful completion of the Employee's error and nightly updates, the Employee will fall off the list.
Benefit Administrators can pull the New Hire Hold Report (UNBNR002 New Hire Hold Report) from Cypress (cypress.doit.wisc.edu) to further investigate an employee. The report in Cypress shows the Effective Date, Empl Rcd, and which field is missing the data.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:Related KBs:
- UWSC Support - Get help from the UW Service Center Support Team
- RR - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- BN - Looking up Prior WRS Service in ETFOne
- BN - Benefit Primary Flag Assignment
- BN - Rebuild Primary Job Flag