USDA NIFA RCR Training Requirements
This document provides an overview of UW-Madison responsible conduct of research requirements for USDA NIFA awards.
UW-Madison United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training RequirementsLearn@UW (course # 2480630). This includes, but is not limited to, undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and sub-recipient participants.
Prime recipients are obligated by USDA NIFA to flow down this term to sub-recipients.
If you are working with a with an individual who does not have a NetID, please contact Heather Mc Fadden for assistance.
Email: email@example.com or call 608-890-2468.
USDA NIFA Frequently Asked Questions
Help desk for UW-Madison USDA NIFA RCR training: firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-2468.
Course Registration Information
To register for the course, please use your UW NetID and password to log-in to Learn@UW.Once logged in, please complete the steps below.
Directions for completing USDA NIFA Training:
1. Please log-in to Learn@UW (https://learnuw.wisc.edu/).
2. Under your "My Course Dashboard" on the right side of the screen, you should see "Direct Access to Desire2Learn." Once you click on this, the self-registration option appears.
3. Click on "Self-Registration" and you should see a list of courses.
4. Please select "Responsible Conduct of Research (a)".
5. Once the next screen appears, please click "Register".
6. After registering, you will see the Registration Form. Please click "Submit". The registration summary will take you directly to the course. Please use the "Next" button to advance the training. The course is also viewable from the Learn@UW homepage.
7. Once you have completed all modules, please be sure to complete the RCR certification. Please note there is only one question. Once you have answered the question, please submit the quiz.
Notice of Training
The Office of Research Policy will identify individuals who much complete training via payroll records and will notify individuals of the training requirements.The Office of Research Policy will also track training completion.Once an individual is notified of the requirement, he or she will have 30 days to complete the training module in Learn@UW. Subsequent email notices will be sent as reminders to complete training. If the individual does not complete the training within the 30 day window, he or she will be removed from the USDA NIFA award and paid with non-sponsored departmental funds.