D2L - Changing Quiz Questions After a Quiz has Started (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
The text of D2L quiz questions can be changed after a quiz has begun. This document describes how to change the text of questions. For more information on grading questions with multiple versions, please refer to D2L - Regrading Quizzes.
Changing the text or answers of a quiz question
- Start by clicking on the Assignments drop-down menu in the navigation bar, and then Quizzes.
- Click on the name of the quiz to open the Edit Quiz page.
- Click on the Properties tab.
- Click the button.
- Click on the question name you wish to change, make the necessary changes, and click .
- When finished, click to return to the Edit Quiz page, and then .
Important: Students who completed the altered question before the change will not have their grades updated. D2L alerts you to this fact when viewing a students individual attempt with the warning: Note: This question is an old version as it was modified after the quiz was taken. To update these grades, follow the instructions under Regrading when question content has changed or to change a correct answer in D2L - Regrading Quizzes.