Case Scenario Critical Reader - Authoring - Embedding Objects - Google Docs Embed (UW-Madison)
Please refrain from developing new CSCR modules. UW-Madison is moving to the Canvas LMS. While CSCR modules can be loaded into Canvas courses, they cannot be connected to the Canvas gradebook. A team from the Teaching and Learning Technology Advisory Group (TLTAG) created a recommendation for alternate tools that you can see here. Members of the transition team would like to meet with you to help you select the solution(s) that best meets your needs to move your content. Please let us know when we can best assist you by completing this form or contact the designated instructional technologist for your school or college.
You can embed Google Documents in a CSCR project. Changes made in the Google Document may not immediately be reflected in the embedded version, though it should update in less than half an hour.
- Publish your Google Doc: File > Publish to the Web
- Choose the options you want (these can be changed later), it is highly recommended that you do not check "Require viewers to sign in with their UW-Madison Google Apps account"> Start Publishing
3. Copy the Embed Code. We recommend adding the width and height attributes (see bold section of the example below) to better control the appearance - a width of much under 500px will require a horizontal scroll bar. This can be done in Word or any place that allows you to edit text.
4. In the CSCR Builder, click Insert > Web Embed > Code. Paste the entire iframe code in. Click ok.
5. In the published CSCR it will look like this: