Case Scenario Critical Reader - Authoring - Inserting Media and Objects - Audio (UW-Madison)
Please refrain from developing new CSCR modules. UW-Madison is moving to the Canvas LMS. While CSCR modules can be loaded into Canvas courses, they cannot be connected to the Canvas gradebook. A subgroup of the Teaching and Learning Technology Advisory Group (TLTAG) is exploring alternative tools that would provide similar functionality as CSCR.
Later this spring, the team will provide a recommendation for a CSCR replacement and outline what support will be provided, if any, to migrate CSCR content. Faculty and instructors may continue using previously developed CSCR modules, but should be aware of the university’s plans to replace the tool, at which time any migration challenges will be considered.
For more information on CSCR and Canvas please read the full notification on the Canvas Information website. For a recommendation on what to use in the meantime, please contact the designated instructional technologist for your school or college.
Note: We recommend hosting your audio files in a media delivery system like KalturaTo add audio, first ensure that your audio is properly formatted for use in CaseScenario Builder.
- Select Audio (MP3) from the Insert drop-down menu.
- Type the path to your file in the MP3 File text box, or click Browse and then navigate to the audio file you want to insert. Select the file and click Open.
- Using the Width text box, either use the default size or set the width of the MP3 player object.
- The Auto-Play checkbox toggles whether users need to click the audio to begin playing (unchecked) or if the audio automatically begins to play when the page loads.
- If Button Only is checked, then the MP3 player object will appear only as a small play button your scenario.