Case Scenario Critical Reader - Authoring - Inserting Media and Objects - Video (Insert) (UW-Madison)
Please refrain from developing new CSCR modules. UW-Madison is moving to the Canvas LMS. While CSCR modules can be loaded into Canvas courses, they cannot be connected to the Canvas gradebook. A team from the Teaching and Learning Technology Advisory Group (TLTAG) created a recommendation for alternate tools that you can see here. Members of the transition team would like to meet with you to help you select the solution(s) that best meets your needs to move your content. Please let us know when we can best assist you by completing this form or contact the designated instructional technologist for your school or college.
We strongly recommend using Kaltura Media Player to reduce your projects file size and allow for cross platform compatibility (mobile/desktop)
To add a video stored on your computer, first ensure that your audio is properly formatted for use in CaseScenario Builder.
- Select VideoInsert drop-down menu.
- Type the path to your file in the Video File text box, or click Browse and then navigate to the video file you want to insert. Select the file and click Open.
- The Auto-Play checkbox toggles whether users need to click the video to begin playing (unchecked) or if the video automatically begins to play when the page loads.
- You can also add captions to your video. (Consider using World Caption to assist you in creating captions.) Captions should be created in a plain text file. The caption text should follow the time stamp for when the text should appear with this format. The time indicator and text are separated by a space and a tab.
- When finished, click Done at the top right of the editing space.
00:00:00.0 intro eTEACH music
00:00:11.0 Hi, in today's lesson we are going to learn
00:00:15.0 about the construction of the peanut and jelly sandwich.
00:00:19.0 The learning outcomes for this lesson are listed here.
Add the plain text file by clicking the Browse button and selecting your file.
- Select Video from the Insert drop-down menu, and then click on the YouTube tab.
- If you have a specific video you would like to link to, paste the URL to the YouTube page into the Video URL field.
- If you have not yet selected a video to use, use the Search YouTube field to search for one. Once you have located one that meets your needs, select it using the button on the lower right-hand corner of the video.