D2L - AlcoholEdu Course (UW-Madison)
First-year students and transfer students at UW-Madison are required to complete the AlcoholEdu course, provided by University Health Services. This course is available from within D2L (Desire2Learn).
This document describes how to complete the AlcoholEdu course in D2L (Learn@UW).
Students required to take AlcoholEdu will need to complete it by the required deadline. Missing the completion deadline could result in an enrollment hold being placed on your student record, prohibiting you from enrolling in courses for upcoming terms. Students being asked to complete this course will receive email notifications with instructions, completion deadlines, and warnings about any enrollment holds that may be placed as a result of non-completion.
If you have questions about the completion requirements, or have other questions about the program, contact email@example.com or visit the program website. Only first-year students and incoming transfer students are enrolled in the AlcoholEdu course.
To complete the AlcoholEdu course:
1. Log in to the Course Dashboard using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
2. On your My Course Dashboard, under "Current," look for the AlcoholEdu course, then click into the course and follow the completion instructions.
AlcoholEdu course technical considerations:
- System requirements. Please see this document for information regarding the specific system requirements for AlcoholEdu, including how to contact the Customer Support line.
- AlcoholEdu is a web-based course containing audio and video, so you will need a computer with audio.
- Some browsers may require you to have Flash player installed, as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader (both are are free downloads).
- You should view the course in a web browser that has been updated in the past two years.
- AlcoholEdu is best viewed with a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution. You may be able to view the course using other settings, but some elements of the course may not display properly.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer. Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are recommended.
- Do not use a mobile phone. AlcoholEdu is not optimized mobile phones, so do not plan to complete it on a smartphone. It will work on tablets, including Mobile Safari on iOS7 or newer, or on the default browser on Android 4.3+ (Jelly Bean).
- Progress is saved each time you click 'Next', but if you log out before clicking the 'Next' at the end of a section you will have to repeat that section.