Certificates - Undergraduate - Registrar Office Procedures - Undergraduate Certificate Audit Process
Upon completion of a term, the Office of the Registrar will run a query for students who earned an undergraduate degree for that term and have at least one certificate on their record as determined by official declaration in SIS. The Registrar's Office will run batch DARS reports to confirm the completion of the certificates. If the DARS report confirms completion (the “C”) of the certificate, the DARS will be saved as the Document of Record (DOR) and the certificate completion will be posted to the student record and will display on the student’s transcript. If the DARS report does not show that all requirements are complete, the certificate will be inactivated on the student’s record and no further action will be taken. No notification regarding incomplete certificates will be made to students or staff.
Please note that the Office of the Registrar will not accept certificate completion lists from departments or paper copies of certificate declaration forms. All declarations must be submitted through the SIS declaration page. If a student’s pursuit of a certificate is not declared in SIS prior to the DARS completion check being run, his/her certificate status will not be included and the certificate will not be posted to his/her record.
In order to accurately audit the certificates it is important for certificate coordinators to:
- Declare/cancel students in the certificate program online and in a timely manner
- Confirm that the certificate DARS reports accurately reflect the requirements listed in the Certificate Guidelines (e.g., total credits, minimum GPA, residency requirement, etc.)
- Remind students to apply for graduation
- If an exception is appropriate, please submit the exception request prior to the 12th week of the graduation term.
If your certificate program allows completion by Special Students, you will need to email email@example.com an excel spreadsheet containing the names, campus IDs, completion term and student information system certificate code for university special students who have completed the undergraduate certificate program. The graduation indicator and DARS are not available for Special Students.
Please contact Will Lipske (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the certificate audit process.
- Certificates - General - FAQ: How do I declare or cancel students in the certificate program?
- Certificates - Undergraduate - FAQ: May we delay students' graduation so that they can complete our certificate program?
- Certificates - Undergraduate - FAQ: How is undergraduate certificate progress tracked?
- Certificates - Undergraduate - FAQ: Must undergraduate certificate requirements be encoded in DARS?
- Certificates: Frequently Asked Questions