Case Scenario Critical Reader Support Page - Design Resources - Story Planning
Home > Design Resources > Story Planning
A. Answer questions below to define basic elements of the scenario and summarize the events and decision. Example answers are italicized.
- What is this case about? (i.e. what is the theme?)
- What learning goals are being addressed?
- What role does the learner take on? Write a brief description of the protagonists' perspective (gender, age, personality, etc.)
- What is the protagonist's goal? What obstacles stand in the way?
- Who are the other characters in this story? (What differing perspectives do they represent?)
- *For each question, ask yourself: How is this supporting the learning goals?
B. Summarize your story in three parts. Include at least one decision point in each part:
- Beginning (introduce the setting, main character, goal, and obstacle)
- Middle (make the protagonist's likelihood of accomplishing the goal seem increasingly unlikely)
- End (resolution - the protagonist reaches, or falls short of the goal)