D2L - Accessing McGraw-Hill Course Materials (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
Some instructors may make your McGraw-Hill Connect assignments available directly from within your D2L courses. Here's how you can access those assignments, and your McGraw-Hill textbooks, from those courses.
How to Access McGraw-Hill Connect Assignments from a Course
If you DO NOT already have a McGraw-Hill Connect account
- Access your Desire2Learn (D2L) course.
- At the top of the course, in the navigation bar, click the MH Connect Assignments link.
- You'll see your Desire2Learn course textbook. Click the Connect button.
- You'll see a screen asking if you've registered for a McGraw-Hill online product before. If you have, enter the e-mail you used to previously register with McGraw-Hill and click "Find my account." (Note: use the same e-mail even if your instructor wants you to register with a different e-mail for this course. You can edit your e-mail later). If you are not sure, enter an e-mail you may have used to register previously and click "Find my account." If you have not, enter the e-mail you wish to use in the search box and click "Find my account."
- If you have previously registered with McGraw-Hill and the search finds your account, simply go to your account and add the course to your account. Otherwise the search box will inform you that McGraw-Hill was unable to find an account for you based on the e-mail you have entered. If there is still a possibility that you previously registered using another e-mail address, search again by entering the previously un-searched e-mail in the search box and press "Continue." Search as many times as necessary to ensure that you have not in fact previously created a MH account.
- If you have never created an account with McGraw-Hill or you have exhausted your search without finding a matching account go ahead and click "create a new account."
- You will next see a box warning you that you could lose access to an existing account if you have not exhausted your search options. If you are confident that you have never created a McGraw-Hill account before, click "continue" otherwise click "cancel" to keep searching. (You can also click "Get Help" to start the process of someone at McGraw-Hill confirming your account status)
- After clicking "continue" you will see a "Create your Connect account" page. Enter the relevant information, check the "I accept terms" box and click "Continue."
10. This will open a new Student Registration screen. On this screen enter the textbook registration code you received when you purchased your textbook and click the Submit button.
11. Enter your wisc.edu email address in the Contact email address screen, then click the Complete My Registration button. Please be sure to enter only your wisc.edu email address (the same one listed in Desire2Learn for you).
12. Click the go to Connect button.