KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - Edit a Template
You Created a Template and Need to Edit It
- Locate the Template
Navigation: KB Admin Tools > Documents Tab > In Progress link > Template from the Type dropdown menu > Go button.
(If you do not find your Template in the In Progress queue, repeat the above in the Active queue.)
- Click on the Edit button on the same line as the Template you wish to Edit to open your document in Edit mode.
- Edit the Template as necessary.
Follow your Group Space's workflow to update documents.
- Make sure to click on the Save change or Submit button to save your work.
- KB Admins, we recommend that Templates be saved to the status of In Progress. Should you need to save the Template as an Active document, set the Search Priority flag to "Exclude from Search". This way, a user will not "discover" the template while searching on the Live Site.
The image below shows the document edit screen for DocID 79733 in Edit mode. the Search Priority is set to Exclude from Search and hihglighted by a red box.
- Please know that updates made to a template are not updated dynamically. To make updates to documents created by a template in bulk, we recommend that the Batch Update tool be used to make those updates.